Blogs have existed for more than 10 years and have become respectable news outlets, vehicles of change within organizations and communications tools for product announcements and updates. They also provide an opportunity to humanize a company to its market.
- 71% of bloggers are blogging to speak their minds
- 72% of bloggers want to share their expertise
- 61% of bloggers do so to make money or for business purposes
- 53% of professional bloggers aim to attract new clients
- Establish thought leadership, which is especially evident by the findings of the Technorati State of the Blogosphere report.
- Increase traffic to websites, since bloggers can optimize for keywords using search engine optimization techniques that will help customers find the business or product that they need.
- Help build links to corporate web sites, which will help people find your business in online searches.
- Build brand awareness, which gets your business known globally or wherever you are looking to be found.